Sunday, December 11, 2011

no. 7 take a spinning class

check.

i took a few of my team mates to a small spinning studio in town on friday night...it was called happy hour spinning and boy was it one of the best sweat sessions i've ever had!
not only was it challenging, but it was also extremely relaxing like a cleanse, just sweating out all of the negativity and stress from the week.  at one point our instructor had all the lights off with a soothing, repetitive song on and she told us to close our eyes and picture our favorite scenery in our minds.  a view of driving along the west coast on the 101 popped in my mind almost immediately and with no hesitation.  the burning sensation washed out of my legs and i focused on each and every single breath in and out of my lungs.  the slight wind from the fans turned into warm, california air surrounding me with an ocean breeze and for a short time my mind was completely solaced.

crossing off the list.

1 comment:

  1. Ventura highway, in the sunshine,
    Where the days are longer,
    The nights are stronger than moonshine,
    You're gonna go, I know

    'Cause the free wind is blowin' through your hair
    And the days surround your daylight there
    Seasons crying no despair
    Alligator lizards in the air, in the air.....

    ReplyDelete