Sunday, July 15, 2012

sally homemaker

I've been cooking, baking and cleaning over here this week.  I made meals each night this past week and actually surprised myself!  I must cook more for myself when I'm at school and get out of the whole eggs, jalapenos, spinach and hot sauce phase.

I was baking up a storm making delicious fruit and oat bars for post workout consumption (let's be real...they were eaten all the time).  First were these blueberry and banana oat bites.  Recipe here.


Second, I made these delightful blueberry and apricot oat bars although this recipe was not as healthy...ahem, 1 whole stick of butter?!  But it did make a yummy, crispy, pie-like crust top and the fruity filling was divine.  Recipe here.  I may try to substitute applesauce next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment